Saturday, November 29, 2008

Enough!

Two days ago, all seemed well. People going out without a worry in the world. Children playing on the streets. The trains running full. And I was very happy, I did not have to worry whether I or my loved ones would be safe outside. But...

But Wednesday night changed it all. My home, Mumbai was burning. The city which is known for its resilience was taken hostage by a handful of terrorists. And the situation continues as I write this post. I am sure the authorities will take the situation under control within a few hours. I would not go on to explain what is happening as you all must have been following the morbid turn of events on your television sets. But I will just say that this incident as all others in the past will leave me scarred as it will most of you.

I would just request our guardians in the form of politicians:
Please don't divide the country on the basis of region, religion, caste, creed, sex. This diversity is our strength. Please don't make it our prime weakness. We must stand united to fight this common enemy if we want the coming generation to breathe in the free India. We would want them to play on the streets without fear. We would like to see smiles on the faces of our loved ones and not lines of worry on their foreheads. Please stop this politics meant to divide our country. It is Enough!

And I would like to express my deep sorrow and offer my condolences to those who have lost their loved ones in this dreadful crisis and would like to salute all those police, NSG, MARCOS, RAF and army personnel who have laid down their lives or are fighting for us.

I hope the 'Spirit of Mumbai' springs to action as soon as the crisis is over.

God Bless Mumbai !

No comments:

Post a Comment